There are currently no open positions with the Greenburgh Nature Center. To be considered for any future career opportunities, please send a cover letter and resume to Megan Bryant at email@example.com
The Greenburgh Nature Center offers two unique internship opportunities to work with our organization, a leader in environmental education in southern Westchester County. We offer one nine month school year internship from September through May and one summer internship from June through August. This is a fantastic opportunity to acquire knowledge, skills, and the confidence to educate the public while furthering our mission to ignite passion, curiosity, and respect for our natural world.
Please note that the Summer 2017 internship has been filled.
The principal roles of the intern are:
(1) to teach our educational programs to grades K-6;
(2) to assist in the care and maintenance of the Center’s animals and their facilities; and
(3) to present animals to the visiting public, of which the primary participants are children between the ages of 2 to 8. The intern is also expected to help supervise the activities of the high school volunteers who help in our Animal Museum.
We provide training for the teaching of our educational programs and the care of our animals.
- Driver’s license
- 18 years of age or older
- Some College experience
- Experience with children and/or animals
- A genuine liking and interest in the environment, children, and animals
- Comfortable handling animals
- College major in a related field (e.g., natural sciences, pre-vet, education, etc.)
Work Days and Hours
Determined for each applicant.
Mail or email a resume, cover letter, and three relevant references we can contact to:
Greg Wechgelaer, Intern Coordinator and Senior Naturalist
Greenburgh Nature Center
99 Dromore Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583