1. The Center values the privacy of its members and contributors. When individuals register or make donations, they are asked to provide their name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Membership and donations may be paid by credit card. The credit card information is kept confidential and is not shared with any other organizations or individuals.
2. The purpose of the Center’s web site is to provide information to the public and to our members about our mission, facilities, membership, programs and events. At this time, it is not possible for visitors to the website to order products or register for programs or events, and no monetary transactions are conducted through our website. We do not collect any personal information from visitors to our website. The Center does not send e-mails to solicit contributions to the Center. Visitors may send e-mails to us from our website.
The Greenburgh Nature Center values your privacy. Except as discussed in paragraph 2 above, when you provide us with your e-mail address, or when you visit our web site and contact us by e-mail with a request concerning membership, programs, events or any other information, we will not share your e-mail address or other personal information with any other organizations or individuals. We will use the e-mail address you use to contact us only to respond to your specific e-mail request. You may request to be added to our e-mail list in order to receive notices of upcoming programs and events. When we send information by e-mail to those on our e-mail list, you will always have an opportunity to remove your address from our list and to decline further e-mails. We do not share our e-mail list with any other organizations or individuals.
Although information collected by e-mail and on the website is treated as confidential, the Center does have a policy of exchanging mailing lists of its members (names and addresses only) with similar natural history and environmental groups on a one to one basis, for the purpose of promoting the Center. On membership forms and in our written appeals, we provide a check off that permits new and continuing members and donors to inform us if they don’t want their name and address shared outside the Center in this manner. Members can also make this request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. E-mails sent to those on the Center’s e-mail list will include instructions as to how to remove one’s e-mail address from the e-mail list.
5. The Center takes reasonable precautions to ensure that our web site is secure and protected from unauthorized attempts to access, upload or change information on, or otherwise cause damage to our website.
6. Visitors to the Greenburgh Nature Center may be photographed during visits or participating in events. Such photographs may be posted from time to time on the Center’s web site or promotional materials. Unless a visitor specifically requests that his or her image not be used, then visitors shall be deemed to have given their consent to the use of such photographs.
Disclosure Statement: The Greenburgh Nature Center encourages visitors to perform a bodily tick check after visiting the Center. Also, we request visitors to be conscious of poison ivy and to keep hands out of fenced animal exhibits.