The Greenburgh Nature Center is a leader in environmental education in the heart of southern Westchester County. We are currently hiring one seasonal intern. This is a fantastic opportunity to acquire knowledge, skills, and the confidence to educate the public while furthering our mission to ignite passion, curiosity, and respect for our natural world.
The principal roles of the intern are:
(1) to teach our educational programs to grades K-6;
(2) to help lead our eight weeks of summer camp;
(3) to assist in the care and maintenance of the Center’s animals and their facilities; and
(4) to present animals to the visiting public, of which the primary participants are children between the ages of 2 to 8. The intern is also expected to help supervise the activities of the high school volunteers who help in our Animal Museum.
We provide training for the teaching of our educational programs and the care of our animals.
- Driver’s license
- 18 years of age or older
- College degree, with major in a related field (e.g., natural sciences, pre-vet, education, etc.)
- Experience with children and/or animals
- A genuine liking and interest in the environment, children, and animals
- Comfort in handling animals
SCHEDULE and COMPENSATION:
Seasonal Term: June 1st-December 31st
29 Hours/week, 5 days: 9:00am-3:45pm with a 1 hour lunch break
Days of the week will be determined at the time of hire.
Email your resume, cover letter, and three relevant references we can contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Environmental Education Internship” in the subject.