The Greenburgh Nature Center is a 33-acre nature preserve in the heart of lower Westchester in Scarsdale, New York. We are seeking an intern to assist in our organization-wide marketing and communications efforts. The ideal candidate will be reliable, have a strong work ethic, be willing to offer fresh ideas, and be a part of the team. This internship is unpaid, for college credit, and requires a commitment of 15-21 flexible hours per week over two to three days in our office.
The Marketing and Communications Intern is responsible for assisting the Marketing team with the creation of various forms of digital and print collateral, including social media content. The individual will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Research new marketing opportunities and outlets
- Assist in social media content creation including social media stories
- Take photos of program activities and on-site events
- Assist with development of marketing materials such as e-blasts and newsletters
- Participation in community events
- Perform administrative duties for the department, as needed
- Coursework towards bachelor’s degree in related field (business, marketing and communications, design, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in use of social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Creative program knowledge a plus (such as InDesign and Photoshop)
Please send resume, cover letter, and optional design or illustration samples to Rebecca Snyder at Rsnyder@greenburghnaturecenter.org with “Marketing and Communications Intern” in the subject.
In your cover letter, please include the following:
- How many hours you are available to work per week and your preferred weekly schedule
- Any past educational or work experiences that relate to the outlined responsibilities
- Why you’d like to intern at the Greenburgh Nature Center